Sunday, December 9, 2012

Math Centers


Hello!
So I wanted to share something quick that I made to practice representation of numbers. I have many students who have nailed numbers 1-20 and are now moving up to 30-100. They get confused - like all - with remembering the difference between setenta and sesenta when it is said. We'll get there though and SOOOO many will be a part of our CLUB DE 100!!

I am very excited! Our school uses NUA (New Urban Alliance) strategies for learning which includes thinking maps but also cognition maps and different graphic organizers. For my Libro de Numeros activity, I used the Frayer model to help us represent each number. Typically it is used as a vocabulary development tool but numbers in a second language IS vocabulary development! :) 

Here is my Libro de Numeros book at my TPT store for free! My kinders loved reviewing numbers 1-10 with it and will do another book for the tricky numbers 11-20. Using the Frayer model students were able to build their understanding of the each number and creativity represent it the way they wanted. It worked great for me as a fun Friday review activity but would be great for a sub, Daily 5 Math center, morning work packet, or weekly math center on reviewing prior concepts (or new ones!)  

I hope you all have a great week and I look forward to sharing more fun activities with you soon!

Betsy



 

No comments:

Post a Comment